Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.34

Am 27.12.2012 14:43, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
If you want to use your "hardlink cutter" with recent versions of VDR,
you could simply patch out the calls to DanglingPacketStripper.Process(),
GetPendingPackets() and ptsFixer.Fix() in
cCuttingThread::ProcessSequence().
There will be no fixing of timestamps and continuity counters then, but I
guess you don't need that, anyway...

Its probably a bit more tricky than that, as the exact definition of editing marks has changed. (eg. two marks at same place, including the ending GOP, etc.) It needs a proper rewrite from scratch to get at least the old style back, and my time is way to limited.

A pragmatic quick-hack I've thought of was to set up a recording command that launches an old VDR version's command line editing call. It also handles editing marks the old style though.

Cheers,

Udo