Re: Reserve device for Live-Tv

Hello,

Am 19.12.2012 14:02, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
Well, since I won't adopt any such change (mainly because it makes things more
complex than they already are) I'm afraid you're on your own here.
You might want to look at

              if (!cRecordControls::Start(Timer))
                 Timer->SetPending(true);
              else
                 LastTimerChannel = Timer->Channel()->Number();
              }

in vdr.c, where SetPending() is called. If you want to issue a message
whenever a timer can't start, that might be a place to dig in.

yes, a first test shows it that works here. Then I've tried to check the code and the interaction between epgsearch (timerconflict) and vdr to implement a timerconflict warning on 2 different transponders (with 3 cards available) and stumbled over code I did not have a clue, what it does...

To come to an end (remember it's December, the 21st in 2012!), I decided to believe in "keep it simple", and just push the priority for live recordings and use the pausebutton for important broadcastings.

Thanx Klaus and thanx to everybody for the suggestions - if I decide to dig deeper in the "premature" timerconfict warning I will report.

Regards, Ingo