Re: vdr on AllWinner A10, possible or madness?

You probably should ask this also in the linux-sunxi mailling list. While I cannot answer all questions for you, I can tell you that video decoding could be problematic for now. The A10 has a proprietary video decoder for HD stuff. There is support for XBMC from empat0 and someone is working on vlc +libcedarx support, but that's it. VDR can use xine amongst other softpipes and that is not supported yet to my knowledge. VDR backend with XBMC frontend however could work. Your DVB device has kernel support and should be compilable.