Re: Digital Devices (Linux 4 Media) 4 port (8 tuner) octopus/Duoflex experiences

On 11/26/12 22:39, Oliver Schinagl wrote:
On 11/26/12 21:28, Lars Hanisch wrote:
Hi,

Am 26.11.2012 21:24, schrieb Oliver Schinagl:
Why build it externally? I was quite certain that the ddbridge
drivers are in mainline for a while now?
Which modules to you select?

  ddbridge is upstream with DVB-S2 support, but not the driver for my
C/T-module.
What C/T driver module are you using?

I do have a Terratec DVB-T dual (which does dvb-c too on 1 of the dual tuners) which features the drxk demodulator. So I think your card should be quite supported in mainline already.

http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/torvalds/linux-2.6.git;a=blob_plain;f=drivers/media/pci/ngene/ngene-cards.c;hb=HEAD

even lists: \/ so unless I go digging into the linux-media code, I think even dvb-CT support has been mainlined :)

static int port_has_drxk(struct i2c_adapter *i2c, int port)
{
	u8 val;

	if (i2c_read(i2c, 0x29+port, &val) < 0)
		return 0;
	return 1;
}

static int demod_attach_drxk(struct ngene_channel *chan,
			     struct i2c_adapter *i2c)
{
	struct drxk_config config;

	memset(&config, 0, sizeof(config));
	config.microcode_name = "drxk_a3.mc";
	config.qam_demod_parameter_count = 4;
	config.adr = 0x29 + (chan->number ^ 2);

	chan->fe = dvb_attach(drxk_attach, &config, i2c);
	if (!chan->fe) {
		printk(KERN_ERR "No DRXK found!\n");
		return -ENODEV;
	}
	chan->fe->sec_priv = chan;
	chan->gate_ctrl = chan->fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl;
	chan->fe->ops.i2c_gate_ctrl = drxk_gate_ctrl;
	return 0;
}

Ah! that explains a lot. I did a quick read through that german site,
but they simply pull the latest media-linux git tree, so that should go
into mainline every cycle or so I guess.

Nevertheless, good to know that DVB-S2 on the ngene is well supported (I
guess ) :)

Lars.