Re: polarization character case in channels.conf

On 07.11.2012 15:36, Mike Hay wrote:
Hi list,

I recently lost access to all vertically polarised channels and after quite a bit of floundering about I discovered the reason for this is due to the case of the polarisation character in channels.conf.

According to the vdr changelog it has been possible to specify this in either upper or lower case since version 0.6 but it seems this is not correct - at least in 1.7.31. I generate my channels.conf with w_scan and it produces lower case "h" and "v" for polarisation. It seemed to work OK for the
horizontal channels but not the vertical. Perhaps it works for horizontal because this is the default position...

Anyway I have resolved my issue by manually changing the case of these characters in channels.conf but wondered if this is really a bug or just a misunderstanding on my part.

Well, there is a toupper() in cDvbTransponderParameters::Parse(), so
I would expect that all characters can be given in either upper- or
lowercase.

Are you sure the case was the problem?

Klaus