Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.30

On 19-09-12 09:25, Mika Laitio wrote:
 From the log I can see that the driver apparently makes DVB-S/DVB-S2
available
under adapter1/frontend0 and tries to provide DVB-T on adapter1/frontend1.
But if it does so, it tells the application that it can provide
DVB-S/DVB-S2
*and* DVB-T at the *same* time - which apparently isn't the case.
Yes, you are correct. If I use frontend0 for DVB-S, I can't use frontend
1 at a same time for DVB-T. I will try in the evening to build the
latest drivers myself to check whether both frontends are still created
also with that one.

Are there some other cards/drivers available with similar limitation
where only a single frontend0 is created?
I unfortunatly missed half the discussion, but for two frontends to work, you need a dual-tuner card. I currently have a Terratec Cynergy dual T PCI-e card, that has two tuners that can be individually be controlled with dvb-fe-tool. I think the name dual-tuner is actually wrong, as it should be dual-frontend, tripple tuner in my case. One front-end can be connected to DVB-T-tuner Or Analogue TV-tuner (currently not working afaik) and the second frontend can be connected to a different DVB-T-tuner Or DVB-C-tuner.

Check the output of dvb-fe-tool and see what it outputs. Or, your driver is bugged/manufacturer lied about it's actual capabilities!

Mika