Re: Betr: DVB cards and multichannel decoding

OK perfect,

So my conclusion is multichannel decoding cards are not necessary for simultaneous recording with VDR (on the same transponders).

Thanks.

Bernard.

2012/8/7 <cedric.dewijs@xxxxxxxxxx>

> [...]

Hi Bernard,

When I connect one dvb receiver to my vdr box, I can record all the channels
that are transmitted on the same frequency. I live in the netherlands, so
I can simulanously record Nederland 1,2,3 and all the public radio stations.
No configuration is needed for this trick. All the recordings end up in separate
files.

My DVB receiver is not even capable of filtering out one channel, so the
PC gets the complete datastream, and then throws away the data that is not
needed.

PCTV NanoStick 73e SE
http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_nano_Stick_%2873e%29

I however do not have experience with DVB-S, only DVB-T.

Best regards,
Cedric