Re: Patch to put disk usage back in main & recording menus (vdr-1.7.28) for text2skin/anthra

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 5:27 AM, Manuel Reimer <manuel.reimer@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Hi. I was wondering if anyone has a patch that puts the disk usage
>> back into the title of the main & recording menus when using the
>> anthra (anthra_1920_OSE to be exact) with text2skin? After the
>> following change in vdr, there's no way to know how much free space is
>> on my recording drive without manually checking outside of vdr, and
>> that's very inconvenient.
>>
>> - The disk usage is no longer automatically added to the title of the main
>> and
>>   "Recordings" menus. This has always been a mekeshift solution and it is
>> now up
>>   to the individual skin if, where and how it wants to display this
>> information.
>>   A skin can use the new cVideoDiskUsage class to implement such a
>> display. For
>>   compatibility, the default skins "Classic VDR", "ST:TNG Panels" and
>> "Text mode"
>>   (i.e. curses) have been changed to behave like before. Other skins may
>> want to
>>   display the disk usage in totally different ways.
>

> In this case, the skin should be patched and not VDR!

Yeah, I just wasn't sure if text2skin needed to be updated to use
vdr's new disk usage function, or the skin, or both. The missing disk
usage is really bad for people with dedicated vdr boxes where you have
no keyboard, no mouse, no desktop, no anything but a remote control  +
the VDR osd to work with (like all of my vdr boxes). Having to
manually ssh into a box just to check how much free space is left
really sucks, especially since we have a lot of timers - disk usage
can change a lot and does it almost daily.