Re: Skystar USB HD + VDR + Astra 23.5E 11817 V / 8psk, fec=5/6

On 06/13/12 10:45, N. D. wrote:

> 									Hi,
> Since recently I have been using Skystar USB HD with my vdr
> box. However I have some strange issues with 11817V on Astra 23.5E.
> Femon reports that there is a lock and sound comes but the image is
> completely garbled. I am starting to suspect that there might be
> something wrong with the driver, because I have no trouble with the
> other transpoders. Maybe it is the combination of fec=5/6 and 8psk on
> the said transponder that is the reason for this. Other transponders
> with fec=3/4 and 8psk are OK. The same setup with an HVR-4000 works
> fine.
>
> Kernel: 3.3.4
>
> VDR: 1.7.27
>
> Could someone who owns a Skystar USB HD and has access to Astra 23.5E
> share his experience? Is this a driver issue a problem with vdr or is my card faulty?
>
> If someone would be kind enough to test this with his/hers hardware, there is a FTA channel on the problematic transponder:
>

> Planeta HD;SatelliteBG:11817:VC56M5O35S1:S23.5E:27500:1001=27:1002=@3:0:0:5410:3:3206:0
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

few months ago on this transponder was nearly 30% of null PID packets
broadcasted, but now it seems to be much better (less than 1Mbps). Also
multiplexing of this transponder was not equal within time - there was
chunks of packets of PlanetHD multiplexed with chunks of other SD
channels mixed packets. Maybe the buffers for USB are not big enough to
memorize such chunks? But I didn't done measuring for some months, so
the situation may be different now.

You can see bitrates of this transponder at
http://www.digitalbitrate.com/dtv.php?mux=11817&pid=5410&live=70&lang=en .

The bitrate of this channel is nothing special, with maximum about 11
Mbps, the peak of 20.2Mbps at 22.5. was maybe a joke.

Regards,

Ales