Betr: Bad choices of USB cards

>Hello
>I use VDR a few years, but lately I changed my system into ITX (AMD
>Brazos) and so changed PCI DVB-S2 card into USB. Additionaly I has
>bought DVB-T tuner.
><snip>
>
>The last miss was buying USB DVB-T stick based on Af9015. Generally it
>works, but only a few minutes. I suspect it overheats...
>
>So I ask: if somebody has one of cards above working, please give me a
>note with which kernel and with which driver it does work.
>
>Also I wold welcome advice, which from those rather cheap USB cards
>works without any problems on stock linux kernel.
>
>Marx
><snip>

Hi Marx,

I can't give you any advice on USB hardware for satellite reception, but
i do have a working setup for DVB-T. I use the following USB DVB-T receiver:
PCTV NanoStick 73e SE (solo) http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Pinnacle_PCTV_nano_Stick_%2873e%29

This receiver works perfectly with the present kernel. (tested with 3.2.8-1-ARCH).
Please bear in mind that the supplied antennae for this receiver is not so
sensitive. Also, this receiver cannot supply power to a active antennae.
Therefore I use a home made power inserter and a 3 way splitter.

See also my notes on the subject on the arch linux wiki:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Digitenne

I hope this helps you.

Best regards,
Cedric