Re: [ANNOUNCE] epgfixer-plugin 0.1.0

On 05/07/2012 01:22 AM, Marx wrote:
Hello
I'm tryin charset recoding but no luck.

1) I currently use VDR headless. It means I can't see OSD and so I don't
know if epgfixer needs some "switching on" causing some variables
written to VDR conf file?

There is no need to activate the plugin or fixes through OSD. Everything can be done also by just using config files.

2) Could you implement some log messages about conversion?
I know epgfixer starts, but I don't know if it has read configuration
files and tries to use them.
My configuration is in charset.conf:
1:iso6937
or
iso6937
I've tried also
iso8859-2
but it doesn't seem to recode anything.

I'll add some logging about active fixes to next version. One thing that comes to mind is the need to clear EPG data. The plugin only fixes new EPG data not the already existing data. So before you can see if the conversion works you need to clear old data. You can do that either by manually deleting epg.data, using VDR SVDRP command CLRE or by using this plugin's setup menu.

3)I test on one channel only:
:aa
TVP 2;CYFRA
+:10892:HC34M2S0:S13.0E:27500:167=2:108=pol@4:508:100,1813,500,B00,B01:4808:318:11900:0

Unfortunatelly this channel is encrypted.

VDR alone produces sth like this:
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] EPG bugfix statistics
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] =====================
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] IF SOMEBODY WHO IS IN CHARGE OF THE
EPG DATA FOR ONE OF THE LISTED
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] CHANNELS READS THIS: PLEASE TAKE A
LOOK AT THE FUNCTION cEvent::FixEpgBugs()
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] IN VDR/epg.c TO LEARN WHAT'S WRONG
WITH YOUR DATA, AND FIX IT!
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] =====================
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] Fix Hits Channels
May 6 23:52:53 wuwek vdr: [29565] 7 5 TVP 2
It's sign that charset of epg is broken.
I would like to know if this messages is produced after or before
epgfixer work.

If I read the source of VDR correctly EPG fix 7 has nothing to do with character sets. That message is produced after the plugin since it gives also other plugins and VDR chance to fix EPG. The same fixes can also be activated inside the plugin in VDR's setup.conf to make the basic fixes before the plugin does any user defined fixes. Basically you could disable VDR's EPG fixes and activate them in the plugin to prevent occasional breaking of VDR's EPG fixes. This breaking is caused by the fact that VDR's own fixes are run after the plugin's.

4) I use UTF-8 in system. I have problem how to recognize charset of epg
on this channel. I was trying to parse /var/cache/vdr/epg.data but it
seems that encoding is broken. Seems like some polish characters are
saved on 2 chars (UTF), but it's not proper pair to create polish
character.
So instead of:
100 tysięcy bocianów
I'm getting:
100 tysiЮecy bocianТow

I don't know anything about that kind of problem.

--
Matti