Re: HDMI-CEC dvbhddevice - TV switches itself on continuously

On 19.04.2012 14:50, Pim Zandbergen wrote:
[..]
> BTW, it would be cool if "shut down" VDR could be interpreted as
> shutdown just
> the hardware decoder part on the dvbhddevice, but leave the tuners running.
> I don't want my VDR box to be shut down for any reason, but stopping the
> hardware
> decoder when not viewing could possibly save some power and heat
> dissipation.

BTW, since power consumption and heat seems to concern you, just curious
if you have measured or happen to know how much power your AV receiver
and TV consumes when in standby since you set them up on HDMI-CEC.
AFAIK, most AV receivers suck more than 30-40W just because the HDMI
electronics has to be powered all times in order to have CEC working...

Regards,
Lucian