Re: Freeview HD support

Hi Tony,

On 3 April 2012 16:23, Tony Houghton <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Freeview HD's EPG uses the same encoding as Freesat, but for some reason
> the EEPG plugin doesn't recognise it; it probably only uses the extended
> decoder when it's using Freesat's non-dtandard PIDs.
>
> EEPG's code is a bit tortuous, and it has a memory leak, so I decided to
> look again at the Freesat patch from <http://www.rst38.org.uk/vdr/>. It
> needed a bit of updating for recent versions of VDR, and I also updated
> the tables with data from the EEPG plugin.
>
> And it works nicely :-). I haven't been using it long, but it looks like
> it isn't leaking, and all the text in the EPG looks correct.
>
> I've uploaded it to
> <http://www.realh.co.uk/vdr_freesat_freeviewhd.patch.gz>. If you use
> Debian or Ubuntu you can add it to the source package with quilt import.
> But also add this line to debian/vdr.install (I got errors after
> trying to add it to the patch):
>
> freesat.t*                              var/lib/vdr/
>
> If not using debs you'll have to copy the freesat.t1 and .t2 files there
> manually, or redefine FREESAT_DATA_DIRECTORY in libsi/freesat.c if you
> want them to live somewhere else.

I'd similarly previously sent a rebased version of the patch to
Dominic Morris (the original author), though he was a bit unsure about
putting it on the homepage until he had time to test it himself.

I've added him on CC so he knows that's you've done this update and
its working with Freeview HD as well. With any luck we can get the
updated version put up on rst38 :-)