Re: Recording two programmes with identical details

On 31.03.2012 15:07, Tony Houghton wrote:
Say I tried to record the same programme twice, once from DVB-T and once
from DVB-S, can VDR manage that? As they have different ids they should
appear as unrelated to one part of VDR, but as they have the same titles
and times it might want to make the same filenames for both of them and
clash. Or is that what the last digit just before the .rec part of the
directory name is for?

The last number in a recording's directory name is the VDR instance (which
is 0 by default and can be used in case several VDR instances use the same
video directory). The second number from the right is the channel number.
This allows recording otherwise identical timers.

 How would I be able to tell which is which in the
OSD etc? Would they be ordered by adapter number?

I'm afraid there is no way to see this in the OSD.

Klaus