Re: EEPG (was Re: Channel 4 HD on Freesat)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2012 09:55:06 +0100
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 12.03.2012 23:01, Tony Houghton wrote:
> >I do have to restart VDR every few days
> > anyway, because it has a memory leak. Disabling eepg didn't fix that
> > IIRC, and the leak hides from valgrind.
>
> Which version of VDR are you using?
> Are you sure this is caused by the core VDR code, or could this
> be one of the plugins or patches you are using (if any)?
> I'm asking because I don't see an ever increasing memory footprint
> on my VDR.

No, I haven't seen anybody else complain about this either. It's been
happening to me for quite a long time, for several versions. I use the
Debian packages. I thought it could be the eepg plugin but disabling
that didn't seem to fix the leak. I also use xineliboutput and remote
plugins, but I've been using those for years, before the leak started.

At one point it stopped leaking and I realised I'd messed up my
channels.conf so either all the DVB-T or all the DVB-S channels were
broken and the leak came back when I fixed that. I think I tried
reproducing similar conditions but for some reason I didn't make an
effort to record or remember the results! I should repeat that and make
notes, but it takes about a day on each run before I can be reasonably
sure whether it's leaking or not.