Re: Local frontend - using XBMC strm vs vdr-sxfe

On Fri, 9 Mar 2012 14:15:06 +0000
Dominic Evans <oldmanuk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 9 March 2012 13:42, Tony Houghton <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > video.output.vdpau_hd_deinterlace_method:bob
> >
> > I was amazed at how good it looks, although I've only tried it at
> > 720p output so far, not at 1080p. I thought I was going to have to
> > add at least a GT210 PCI-E card, but it looks like that's going to
> > be unnecessary.
>
> I actually currently have deinterlacing disabled on both xineliboutput
> and XBMC.

AIUI interlaced fields are encoded as a pair in one field, so for most
video players "disabled", ignoring the interlacing flags and treating it
as as normal frame is the same as "weave". You usually get quite
noticeable combing artifacts with that. "Bob" is more or less an
alternative way of doing next to nothing; it displays each field in turn
without any attempt to combine them.