Re: Local frontend - using XBMC strm vs vdr-sxfe

2012/3/9 Dominic Evans <oldmanuk@xxxxxxxxx>:
> On 9 March 2012 10:09, Niels Wagenaar <n.wagenaar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hmm. I have the same (yaVDR) running on an ION330 box. The channels I
> most have problems with are 1080i HD at bitrates of around 9-10 MB/s.
> Perhaps you could post your ~/.xine/config_xineliboutput to
> http://gist.github.com or http://paste.ubuntu.com ?

I use an Asus AT3N7A-I mainboard with the TT 3650-CI which is an
ION330 configuration
as well and I frequently watch 1080i channels from my provider (Canal
Digitaal) without
any issues at all. The only issue I have is that the buffering is
slower then my old Reel
Multimedia  ExtensionHD configuration, so it takes somewhat longer to
get a picture
(max 5 sec).

My xineliboutput configuration is default, I didn't make any changes
to it what so ever.

> Yes, I don't use the xvdr plugin as it is still very buggy. I simply
> take the playlist of channels from streamdev (available at
> http://example.com:3000/ on your vdr box) and generate .strm files [1]
> which I access from a vanilla XBMC Eden via the Videos --> Files
> browser.

I'll check this tomorrow and post my experience using this method.

> Yep I did know about these, but XBMC provides a much richer experience
> for DVD, Blu-ray playback. e.g., cataloguing and display of a library,
> automatic display framerate switching etc.

XBMC does indeed provide a much richer experience and it's a very
powerfull frontend. However, personally I don't like the PVR integration
in its current state and it produces all kind of WAF-issues ;)

Regards,

Niels Wagenaar