Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.24

On Monday 05 March 2012 - 09:02:56, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> On 05.03.2012 04:47, Gero wrote:
> >>
> >> Didn't VDR report a "video data stream broken" and perform a restart?
> >
> > That problem coincides with my problem of recordings with length 0 and
> > filesize of few megabytes. Didn't know that it comes from a crashed
> > tuner.
> >
> > If I remember right, there was no "video data stream broken" message and
> > after enabling the automatic shutdown I realized, that the vdr waits
> > until no recording is active before initiating the restart.
> >
> > So the automatic restart did not really help anything, especially in
> > environments, where multiple parallel recordings are most probably to
> > happen.
>
> It doesn't matter whether there is only one or multiple recordings.
> Whenever a "video data stream broken" occurs, VDR performs an immediate
> "emergency exit" (unless you turned that off, but then you're on
> your own).

That might be true.

When I first reported recordings with length 0, the emergency exit was
disabled. That time I had log-entries with "video data stream broken".
According your advice, I enabled it, but since then I had no more log-entries
with "video data stream broken", but had recordings with length 0

So there might be other reasons that stop vdr from recording without any
notice / log entry

> So if a tuner doesn't deliver any more data, VDR restarts
> and reloads the driver (provided you use a properly set up "runvdr"
> script).

Hm, I gues my runvdr might be ok, since my backend does timer-controlled
wakeup and shuts down in idle state.

kind regards

Gero