Re: SoftHDDevice

> - I haven't figured out how to enter fullscreen mode.

Well, AFAIK this is mentioned in the README. There are a couple of
switches/options for the plugin start, one of them is "-f" for full screen.
An other one is "-d" for the correct display and "-x" to start xorg by the
plugin. And no, there is no need for a display manager, I wonder where you
got this information ... most of us do test the plugin on existing Linux
desktop installtion, because there's quit a way to go ...

But VDPAU is IMHO closed to be ready for production use, but not VA-API or
even XvBA ...

Since author "johns" AFAIK isn't dealing with this mailing list, you could
place your questions here in this tread:

http://www.vdr-portal.de/board17-developer/board21-vdr-plugins/109700-softhd
device-software-vdpau-va-api-cpu-decoder-und-ausgabe-plugin/?s=b83100f9ae841
a9015a5769eb450a5611c1c7cb8

Don't worry just post in english, you'll get the answer also in english. Or
feel free to open a new one in english, you will get answers in english ...
;-)

Regards
fnu