iptv plugin+CAM support

Thu Aug 28 09:29:57 CEST 2008
>> Support for CAM seems to be nowadays one of the top requested
>> features for the iptv plugin. I guess that encrypted streams are
>> becoming more popular in the iptv world altogether.
>>
>> It turns out that implementing CAM support to iptv is quite tricky.
>> One option would be to implement support for external CAM module such
>> as the Hauppauge WinTV-CI USB. These devices seem to be unsupported
>> in linux so a driver would have to be written first.
>>
>> I've also thought about using the CAM of an existing DVB card to do
>> the decryption of iptv streams, but to the best of my current
>> knowledge it is impossible to use a CAM of a certain device to
>> decrypt streams that are not received by the same device. (Someone
>> correct me if I'm mistaken).
>>
>> Can anyone think of any other alternatives?

>Got me stumped - but I watch this thread with great interest!!
Hi,

I am very interested in that, because I subscribe to a "S F R" TVBOX
service that provided a (netgem) receiver very slow and does not allow
the recording and backup to another media like a usb key...

Recently I tested the TV channels using vdr-1.7.21 with iptv-0.4.2
without "disable_ca_updates" and "disable_eitscan" patches and it works
perfectly but only with FTA channels. I saw also that updates pids
automatically from udp multicast ip address.

FTA channel:
BFMTV:130:S=1|P=1|F=UDP|U=233.136.0.130|A=65000:I:0:2070=27:2071=@4:2078:0:4207:0:130:0
Encryptedchannel:
France4:118:S=1|P=1|F=UDP|U=233.136.0.118|A=65000:I:0:2040=27:2041=fra@4,2042=eng@4:2048:5601,1851,1852,100:4204:0:118:0

I wonder if it is possible to modify the code of "SC plugin" to enable
it with IPTV channels ?
Because SC plugin support smartcard.
"For most encrpytion systems this plugin supports original subscription
smartcards (e.g. from a Phoenix/Smartmouse ISO interface connected to a
serial port)"

Best regards.