Re: Wanted VDR xineliboutput client

Le vendredi 28 octobre 2011 à 11:24 +0100, Laz a écrit :
> I also suspect that I can run "full" vdr on the client to allow me to use
> some plugins on there?! Not looked into that yet. I suspect I can probably
> just use vdr-sxfe as a basic frontend, with lirc forwarding so I can
> "hide" the server somewhere else...

That's kind of funny: my previous move was to put back the server near
the TV for practical reasons, rendering the client redundant. I thus
replaced the old server + client with a single box (inside a Silverstone
GD06 case, which fits quite neatly there).
vdr-sxfe still acts as a client lying on the same box, in order to
separate processing and presentation (there are still a few vdr-sxfe
crashes from time to time, and it's always good not to crash the server
while it's recording).

--
NH