Re: delete no event timers

On 23.10.2011 10:33, Lou wrote:
I noticed vdr 1.7.16 sometimes waits unusually long until a VPS timer set to "no event" is getting deleted.

Mostly it works fine, meaning: vdr will delete no event timers after a few seconds or minutes. But there are the occassional oddities, where it takes more than an hour, which in return will cause the media center to stay on longer than necessary during overnight recordings. This also would not
encourage me much to leave vdr unmaintained for a few days during holidays.

Does somebody have a solution for this problem (e.g. a "recording-hook AFTER" checking timers, removing those dirty ones using svdrpsend) ?

A "hook" is definitely the wrong approach!

What you need to do is find out exactly *why* VDR doesn't delete these
timers as soon as you would expect it to. Then we can see what can
be done about that.

Klaus