Re: Wanted VDR xineliboutput client

On Saturday 22 October 2011 08:55:01 M. Fiegert wrote:
>  >> Any suggestions for small, powerful, quiet, FullHD VDR client?
>  >> So, I search machine what would act as VDR-client, using xineliboutput
>  >> with FullHD resolution and machine would have DVI or HDMI connection
>  >> optical audio.
> >
> > I bought 2 years ago Zotac IONITX-A-E motherboard which came with atom
> > CPU and nvidia gpu, at that time it cost about 200 euro.
> > I made the small case myself and have I have 12" fan running in it in
> > the slowest speed and the case/cpu/gpu temperatures remains under 50 c.
>
> I also have such a zotac board. Its running like a charm as a vdr client
> since almost two years COMPLETELEY NOISELESS (no fan, SSD)!
> You have Full HD over HDMI (and there is optical output, but I never
> tried to use).
> Definatly my recommendation if noise is a concern.
>
> see http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/vdr/2010-January/021920.html

Sounds good to me. My current vdr box needs upgrading at some point and it has
started doing hard lockups in the psat few weeks (I suspect the PSU is on the
way out. Rather than trying to track that down, maybe it's a hint that I need
to upgrade to a new system!

Is this running in a client-server setup? I.e. DVB devices in another box and
then using the libxineoutput plugin? Does this setup give you full OSD access
to timer programming, etc., from the client? (I think that is all meant to be
straightforward but does it work in practice?!)

Cheers,

Laz