Re: Undetected channels on transponders switching from DVB-S to DVB-S2

Hi,

Am 11.09.2011 11:37, schrieb Henning Pingel:

My questions are based on the experience when two transponders switched
from DVB-S to DVB-S2 in 2011:
1) On S28.2E the transponder containing the BBC HD channels did this.
2) On S19.2E the transponder now containing the Sonnenklar.HD TV did
this.

In both cases VDR wasn't able to add the new DVB-S2 channels to the
channels.conf automatically as long as not all predecessor channels had
been manually removed from the channels.conf.

From VDR 1.7.20 announcement:

- Now scanning new transponders before old ones, to make sure transponder changes
  are recognized (thanks to Reinhard Nissl).

Regarding Sonnenklar.HD TV: it appeared automatically in my channels.conf without further modifications. I have developed this patch for 1.7.17 so I haven't modified my channels.conf by hand since then. In case this transponder change has happened since 1.7.17, it seems that VDR 1.7.20 should be able to add the new channel automatically.

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl@xxxxxx