Re: eepg plugin with UK freeview (not freesat!) EPG

On Friday 26 August 2011 13:33:52 Laz wrote:
> On Thursday 25 Aug 2011, Mario Schulz wrote:
> > Am 21.08.2011 23:09, schrieb Laz:
> > > Does anyone know whether the eepg plugin should "just work" with the
> > > Huffman encoded EPG broadcast on Freeview (DVB-T) HD channels in the
> > > UK? (Someone mentioned it on here a week or so back.)
> >
> > Yes, it does (next DW already programmed).
> > In a recent version Freesat huffman decoding has been destroyed, in the
> > most recent version this should have already been fixes.
>
> Hmmm...When I tried it, it didn't seem to touch any of the EPG received
> from the HD channels, so it remained unreadable.
>
> I'll give it another go this weekend, and I'll enable a few more debug
> messages...

HD, ITV HD, and other encoded channels alone. It does, however, scramble the
EPG for some other, totally unrelated channels on a range of MUXes! I presume
it thinks it's encoded and tries to unencode it, scrambling it in the process.
One channel EPG that becomes scrambled is QVC so no real loss there!

;-)

I thought it had been doing this scrambling when I tried it earlier in the
week but have now proved it to myself.

Time to start adding some more printfs...

Laz