Re: [feature request] recording length computation and storage

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 12:21:24 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/19/11 11:46, Steffen Barszus wrote:
> > Hi !
> >
> > After having seen that there are several plug-ins computing the
> > recording length on their own and that being a very expensive task
> > (in respect of io and cpu) and also the same implementation needs
> > to be copied over and over again, i would like to request, that vdr
> > is storing the length of a recording and make it accessible to the
> > plug-ins. I would imagine, that some logic to store it in the info
> > file after/while generating/writing the index would be a good way.
> >

> How about cIndexFile::GetLength()?
> This was newly added in version 1.7.20.

Not yet - its returning the number of frames - to have one calculation,
length in seconds would be required (Ok, its available as well).

Also it reads the index directly (if i'm not mistaken, i can barely
read C), which would then be read x-times , where x is the number of
plugins using it ( + vdr ? I'm not sure of it ).

I would think that in recording.h as public member of class
cRecordingInfo would make sense. In my understanding the recordings
information are held in memory after reading it with
ScanVideoDir, this should be part of that information in
memory (not reading file from disk for this separately).