Re: PES packets sent to cDevice::PlayVideo: only audio and video?

On 01.08.2011 14:25, Laz wrote:

Hi,

I'm tidying up changes made to the softdevice plugin to get it working with vdr > 1.7.0 which uses TS for recordings. It all works fine pretty much most of but I have some errors I'd like to track down.

Are the PES packets provided to the primary device's PlayVideo function purely video and audio packets? It looks to me like the PAT and PMT are stripped out so that only MPEG2 (no HD for me at the moment) audio and video packets should get to PlayVideo(), and so the primary device should play _all_
packets sent to it. Is this correct?

I'm getting quite a few errors from avcodec complaining that decoded video frames have width and height set to 0. This tends to be at the start of a stream, i.e. on channel changing or starting playback.

Are there any packets sent which don't contain any "playable" data that I need to test for and handle?

If you're not sure, I suggest you only explicitly handle the packets
you know you can handle, and ignore the rest.

Maybe I should bite the bullet and implement a decoder for PlayTsVideo()..!

That would certainly be a good idea.

Klaus