Re: HDHomerun and streamdev

> On Wed, 3 Aug 2011 10:09:12 -0500, Rob Davis wrote
>> Spoke too soon,
>>
>> It works as long as the channel is streaming/being viewed somewhere
>> else. If, however, the channel is not showing, then streamdev sends
>> the channel before it's tuned, which causes ffmpeg to throw an error
>> as it thinks it's supposed to send an ac-3 track with 0 channels
>> instead of 5.1 or 2.0.  Is there a way to set a delay between tuning
>> and sending the ts stream?
>
> What do you mean with "streamdev sends the channel before it is tuned"? As
> you
> mentioned ffmpeg, I assume you are refering to HTTP streaming here. For
> HTTP,
> streamdev first tunes the device, then it adds receivers for the channel's
> PIDs, sends the HTTP headers and finally starts to forward the data it
> receives from the device. So unless hdhomerun tunes the channel in the
> background, it should be tuned when streamdev starts to reply.
>
> Regards,
> Frank

What I noticed is that if the frontend is displaying the channel, or the
windows vompserver is streaming it, when I call up the channel on my non
ac/3 complient vomp box via streamdev and iptv, (which works with my
internal atsc cards), the ffmpeg diagnostics report that I have no audio
in my audio stream.  It see's it as ac/3 but gives it 0 channels, then
fails to convert (I had it converting to mp2 and throwing the result back
into the iptv plugin, so the remote frontend can play it.

When I get home I can show the ffmpeg diagnostic output with a pci card or
the hdhomerun if it'll help..