projects.vdr-developer.org now has a new home

Hello everyone!

http://projects.vdr-developer.org/news/135

projects.vdr-developer.org is now hosted on a new server:

  Opteron™ 1381 Quad-Core, 4 x 2,5 GHz
  4 GB RAM
  2 x 500 GB (Raid 1)
  500 GB FTP Backup Space
  IP: 85.214.78.111

Thanks a lot!

Thanks to Siegmar as well for providing the subdomain!

It's currently running a 64bit Debian/Squeeze with Kernel 2.6.32-5.

I also took the chance to change some things under the hood. The updated
Redmine now runs under a Mongrel cluster served by the Nginx webserver.
This should give it a minor performance boost.

git-web has been replaced by cgit, which is significantly faster. You
might now also use the cgit-URL's to pull a repository via http.
(http://projects.vdr-developer.org/git)

Instead of gitosis, I now use gitolite to manage the Git-repositories. I
have plans to integrate the repository and public key management into
Redmine at some time, but don't expect this very soon.

The username for SSH-write-access to the Git-repositories has been changed
from 'gitosis' to 'git-vdr'. You can still continue to use the old
username, but I might drop this sometimes. It is easily changed with:

  git remote set-url origin \
    git-vdr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:<repository-name>.git

If you are missing a feature, have any improvement suggestions or have
any problem, please create an issue here:

  http://projects.vdr-developer.org/projects/project-management/issues/new

or contact me by mail:

  pvdo@xxxxxxxxxx

I'm still fine-tuning everything and try to make
projects.vdr-developer.org as secure and reliable as possible. So if the
site isn't reachable in the next days for a short time, I might currently
be working on it. Please try again later in this case or contact me.

Have fun!

Tobias