Re: perfect vdr remote?

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Udo Richter <udo_richter@xxxxxx> wrote:
>> Those kind of remotes are cool but I wouldn't want one for daily use.
>> I prefer direct access to many options with one button press, not
>> going through menus on a remote screen.
>
> From my experience, the keys I _really_ use, are:
>
> (1) Core keys: 0-9, Up/Dn/Left/Right, Menu/Ok/Exit, Color keys, Power,
> Vol+/-
>
> (2) Keys I often use: Timers, Recordings, EPG
>
> (3) Nice to have, but not essential: Info, Play/Pause/Stop/Rec/Ffwd/Fbwd
>
> (4) Rarely used: Mute, Ch+/-, Audio tracks, Subtitle tracks, Channel list
>

> I can use (1) and (2) and some of (3) completely blind. Having them on
> some kind of touch screen is not an option.

I/we pretty much use the following daily: 0-9, up/down/left/right,
ok/enter/exit, epg, recordings, timers, color keys, subtitle,
play/pause/stop/ffw/rew, record, skip +/-...  I also like to have a
few keys available for macros.

I haven't found any remote that I felt was perfect.  I'd love to
design one with my own specific button layout but the cost to make a
custom remote exceeds my willingness to pay for it so I've got a few
that are good enough.