Re: perfect vdr remote?

On 27 July 2011 01:49, VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 7:39 AM, Torgeir Veimo <torgeir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> The Philips Prestigo SRT9320 seem to have a perfect key layout for
>> VDR. Does anyone have any experience with this remote with VDR?
>>
>> http://www.newscenter.philips.com/pwc_nc/main/shared/assets/be/Downloadablefile/Prestigo_SRT9320_product_3.jpg
>> http://www.amazon.com/review/B0026L7B94
>
> Those kind of remotes are cool but I wouldn't want one for daily use.
> I prefer direct access to many options with one button press, not
> going through menus on a remote screen.  For that reason I'm using
> this exact one (and a few other which are similar):
> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16880121003

I do agree that direct buttons are better for the most commonly used
buttons, but I mostly use the menu/back, arrow keys/ok and the
coloured buttons, almot none others. One the remote you liked to, the
coloured buttons are far away from the arrow buttons, so it can't
really be nice to handle?

I find that the old grey hauppauge remote has the perfect arrow key /
coloured key layout, but it doesn't have any programmable volume and
channel keys.

http://www.ixbt.com/monitor/images/hauppauge-mediamvp/du.jpg

The other advanced remote that seems to have the right button setup is
the harmony 900, but it also has more direct buttons that I normally
use.

--
-Tor