Re: HD programme recording still broken

On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 23:31:40 +0200
Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 10.06.2011 23:27, Tony Houghton wrote:
> >
> > Or it should read the pids from the PAT and PMT every time it changes
> > channel instead of using channels.conf for that information. This would
> > also fix the problem of having to scan twice at different times of day
> > to pick up all the channels.
>
> When you switch to a transponder VDR *does* read the PAT/PMT.
> But if the user's setup tells it *not* to do so, what's VDR
> supposed to do then?

I didn't realise that was what that option did and mine was disabled.
What's the default setting? I might have turned it off deliberately to
try to stop VDR from updating channels.conf at some point in the past
when I was using dvb-apps scan to generate channels.conf and VDR didn't
quite recognise the format and created duplicate channels, crashing
itself.