Re: Streamdev to Streamdev with PVRInput card

Hi Rob,

I also don't think its a pvrinput problem because:
streamdev doesn't query for a new device if the current and the next
channel has the same transponder. This is checked via the following
define:

channels.h:#define ISTRANSPONDER(f1, f2)  (abs((f1) - (f2)) < 4) //XXX

All the channels in channel.conf have the same frequency, so streamdev
only changes the receivers but doesn't query for a device.
I havent understand exactly what you are doing. Do you use an analogue
input (like scart) of the pvr500 card and the channel switch script
changes the channel of another device ? If so, i could imagine the
frequency in channels.conf doesn't matter and you could simply modify
the frequencies.

Regards, Rainer

2011/6/8 Rob Davis <rob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>>> I have a PVR500 with the PVRInput plugin running on my Backend.
>>>
>>> I am using an old Hauppauge FF DVB-s card just as a frontend on another
> low powered system in order to throw the PVRInput channels to the
> kitchen.  On the backend it's all working, however, switching between
> channels doesn't quite work, as the streamdev server will give the
> client the same channel over and over again regardless of what it
> requested, unless the device changes (ie, if I go from /dev/video1 to
> /dev/video2 it'll change channel).
>> how do you force switching the video device?
>
> i hacked device.c.. But don't tell anyone.. :-)
>

>>> An example of the channel list is:
>>>

>>> 2-WTTW PBS_Affiliate
>>> ntsc;WTTW:67250:TV|NTSC:V:0:301+101=2:300=@4:0:0:30020:32:32:0
>>> 3-WREX NBC_Affiliate