Re: Can VDR record only new episodes of shows?

Lots of response to the original question - thanks!

However, my original question was about unaired/new episodes.  For
example, I'd like to record new episodes of "The Simpsons" but I don't
want an episode unless it's never been aired before.  It sounds like
the "Don't allow repeats" option is just to check if it's been
recorded which isn't too useful in my situation.  Suppose an episode
hasn't aired for several months?  It's not a "new" episode but just an
old one that hasn't aired in a while so I would want to skip that
recording.

Is that possible?