Re: How about a small UK/Ireland S28.2E VDR community forum?

On Thu, 05 May 2011 17:38:42 +0200
Henning Pingel <henning@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I was wondering if it
> would make sense to offer a place for VDR users using the
> sky_uk/freesat/S28.2E/freeview platforms to communicate with each other.
> The intention is that people can discuss their special needs like
> freesat EPG, red button stuff, channel lists, channel logos and all
> other things and test new inventions (like the red button extension)
> together.
>
>  Being a frequent user of freesat channels myself and being a
> member of the developers behind the yaVDR distribution (www.yavdr.org),
> I would like to offer to you to open up an English language community
> forum on our yaVDR board located at forum.yavdr.com [1]. This board is
> currently mostly used by our development team for internal discussions,
> so there is not much to see there for external visitors yet.

I'd be interested. But I wonder whether it would be appropriate to allow
discussion of UK specifics in other software too eg mythtv. Ultimately
VDR doesn't quite suit my needs due to its poor support for viewing
across a network, while mythtv's setup tool always makes me give up in
disgust. That's why I started boxstar, but it might be a very long time
before it becomes usable in its own right.