Re: Sky UK Channels.conf - Channel Numbering & Categories

Hi Dom,

Did you check the new Channelpedia project?
Maybe we can join forces to achieve your goal.

http://channelpedia.yavdr.com/gen/html/channels_en_S28.2E.html

Cheers,
Henning

Am Donnerstag, den 05.05.2011, 14:15 +0200 schrieb Dominic Evans <oldmanuk@xxxxxxxxx>:
Hi,

I had been interested in generating a channels.conf that contained the channels grouped by the Sky UK genre categories, whilst also using the
same channel numbering.

I found a script on yavdr forums that did something similar, and I
modified it to do what I wanted and include the numbering. However,
I'm guessing that the attached channels.conf won't actually do what I
want....

I haven't tried it out on my system yet, but vdr's manpages state that
"The given number must be larger than the number of any previous
channel (otherwise it is silently ignored)." so I assume the channels
number 971+ in the first 'Entertainment' category are probably going
cause all the following lower numbers in the next categories to be
ignored? Any possible workaround? Is this a feature request?

Cheers,
Dom