Re: preventing vdr from using a device to record

VDR User <user.vdr@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 7:28 AM,  <syrius.ml@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I'm now running one vdr instance with 4 dvb devices.
>> One device is crashing quite often and I haven't find a way to
>> automatically detect when it's crashed. (vdr used to issues "unknown
>> picture type message in the past)
>
> If you're not seeing anything useful to your VDR log to determine if
> the card has crashed, you may want to look at dmesg to see if
> something in there could be used.

Some years ago vdr was reporting the bad picture types when they
occured. Now i've got no means to detects them on the server (neither
in vdr logs nor in kernel messages)

vdr-sxfe output complains it can't demultiplex the stream, but that
won't work when I'm away and nobody's watching tv. That won't prevent
vdr from using the bad card.

My question still remains :)
I don't mind patching vdr (changing getdevice or something else).
If there's no existing patch or plugin, could you give me some
input on what to change to prevent vdr from using one card for
recordings and epg scans ?

TIA.