Re: [ANNOUNCE] VDR developer version 1.7.17

Am 13.03.2011 12:46, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
> - While replaying, the editing marks are now updated every 10 seconds (based on a
>   patch from Manuel Reimer).

Thanks for this! With it, the jumpplay-patch gets obsoleted for me, as I
only used the marks reloading. (As a good-bye, I've posted an updated
jumpplay at [1]).

However, the VDR version also has the slow update speed of once every 10
seconds that I don't like. Especially after editing, I usually
immediately switch to the edited recording to check the result, and then
have to either wait 10 seconds for all marks to appear, or re-start the
replay to get updated marks. (With hard link cutter, editing is usually
done in less than 10 seconds.)

As a solution, I thought it would be a good idea to reload the marks
file whenever the index file gets updated. Unfortunately, this is more
complicated than I thought, because the marks reside in cReplayControl,
while the index is in a cDvbPlayer which is owned by cDvbPlayerControl.
There is no direct access to the index from cReplayControl.

Polling for number of total frames via GetIndex() would work, as
cReplayControl::ShowProgress does - but only if the editing OSD is
visible. So add another polling of GetIndex(), and another lastTotal to
check for changes? Not very elegant. The alternative would be some extra
rewrites...

Any thoughts on that?

Cheers,

Udo