startup problems

hi,

after upgrading my kernel to 2.6.37 SMP PREEMPT x86_64 and switching to the in-kernel lirc devinput drivers, I have had vdr startup problems.

At some boots; typically when the system wakes up from sleep, either by RTC or by power key from the remote, VDR watchdog-restarts every 1 minute for arond 10 times (this last time, it did it 14 times). Only after that it starts properly, xine starts and picture, sound and remote control start working. When rebooting, vdr might start immediately, without this restart hassle.

Before; using the imon drivers, this problem did not occur. vdr-1.7.16, lircd from the git repo.

I don't know where to start. Is this a vdr, lirc or a driver problem, or perhaps initscript order problem? Should I try the 2.6.38-rc5, or would that be just looking for trouble?

yours,
        Jouni