Re: [ANNOUNCE] naludump 0.0.1

Am 22.01.2011 20:21, schrieb Rolf Ahrenberg:
>> And I wouldn't consider it good style to provide just filtered
>> streams for all in any case.
>
> Wouldn't stripping NALU fill data help to reduce the required network
> bandwidth for streamdev, xineliboutput, and vnsi plugins? I do see many
> benefits using filtered streams everywhere.

Receivers like streamdev and vnsi are free to filter their streams too,
if they want. An output device on the other hand will decode the TS
stream to PES stream and then to nalu stream anyway (ignoring the fill),
so it doesn't make much sense to do deep packet analysis and TS
rewriting and filtering right before that.

Cheers,

Udo