Re: Deinterlace video

Is it possible to figure out if the stream is interlaced or not by looking at the stream? Seems like it should be able to figure out within a frame or two (.033ms) and then just ignore the useless flags? Needs to be done with epg data. I think the Insignia boxes just try to read data regardless of flags because they are able to find data when atscepg won't.