Re: new OSD system

Hello,

Gerald Dachs wrote:
> You should really look more carefully into it.

I beg your pardon!

I read that page for sure, but I can't state, that I understood much.
I did not find any hint, that could change any of my issues either.
May be that hint might be there, but then I did not understand it.

I'm willing to change my installation - no question - but I have very little
sparetime, so I don't have the time to search for lots of additional links and
follow each of them. Sorry.

> Maybe you didn't find anything about installing a second instance,
> because it has not to be done.

When you look few postings back, I got the advice to install a second
instance.
I know, there are people around who run such a configuration, I read that hint
quite often in the forum, but I did not find a page, where the problems of such
an installation where disscussed or solved.
Therefore I don't want to change my installation, before I know how to solve
my upcoming issues.

With my current setup I do have certain issues. But meanwhile I know how to
handle most of them, which means, I don't have any pressure to change my
setup.

> You only have to start your already installed vdr with another configuration.
> This happens in the addon I pointed you to.

I beg your pardon second time!

I don't use yavdr and I'm not willing to change my vdr to yavdr - so using
your addon is no acceptable solution - no matter how good your addon might be!
You know, that the reason for not using yavdr is ubuntu being the base of
yavdr and that my rejection is NOT related to the yavdr team in any kind!

Anyway ...

You could explain me, what you did or show me a page, where that items are
disscussed. No question, I'm willing to learn - but I'm not willing to change
my basic principles or waste my time.
I don't know - did you expect me to dive into your sources?

kind regards

Gero