Re: Developer versions

On Monday 10 Jan 2011, Tobias Grimm wrote:
> Am Montag, den 10.01.2011, 18:51 +0000 schrieb Tony Houghton:
> > I'd also be interested in the developer version of xine with VDPAU
> > support. The trouble is there's a bewildering set of mercurial
> > branches. There are some libxine2 packages in Debian experimental,
> > but there don't seem to be any packages for "version 2" players, nor
> > libxine2-dev packages (not to mention vdpau support) so I don't see
> > what use they
>
> If it's just about the VDPAU support, you can use the xine 1.1.19 from
> my repository which includes VDPAU support an seems to work well on
> Squeeze.
>
> deb http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental squeeze vdr-multipatch addons
> base backports
> deb-src http://e-tobi.net/vdr-experimental squeeze vdr-multipatch
> addons base backports

Intriguing...

I've always built vdr and a range of plugins from source, all under
Debian. I've just been browsing the contents of your repository and I see
that you do have what looks like most of the plugins I'm currently using
in there. One question before I test your pre-compiled version...

I'm currently using the softdevice plugin but I've never managed to get it
to work with any versions of vdr newer than 1.7.0 (probably due to the
change to TS). You have the softdevice built against vdr-1.7.16 in your
repository. Does this work properly or has it just that it compiles and
hasn't been widely tested?

I think all I ever got was a black screen whenever I tried to build CVS
softdevice against anything newer than 1.7.0!

I also have another plugin which controls some LEDs hung of the parallel
port which light up when recordings are active, etc. (based on a plugin I
found years back which I'm pretty sure is no longer developed). How easy
is it to combine a single plugin built from source into a .deb based
setup?

Cheers,

Laz