Re: Developer versions

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 12:41 PM, Tony Houghton <h@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> I would prefer a ffmpeg (mplayer) based interface and dump xine because
>> xine/vdpau combo doesn't properly handle problems with the atsc stream.
>
> What about something based on gstreamer? Someone who understands that
> could probably knock together a basic player that works with
> xineliboutput in one day, but working out how to get the OSD would be a
> bit harder. If whatever plugins gstreamer chooses automatically to
> handle the TS etc turn out not to be suitable it can easily be forced to
> use ffmpeg (or any other compatible plugin) instead. It also has VDPAU
> and VA plugins.

I think the idea is that he'd like to get away from using xinelib
altogether in place of something else (ffmpeg).  I'm not sure how
using gstreamer, that uses xineliboutput, that uses xinelib would
provide that.  However, it sounds like gstreamer can just be forced to
use ffmpeg so that may be a solution.  So you're suggesting for
example, a vdr-gstreamer plugin which uses ffmpeg to decode right?
Would be nice to have the option available but afaik the only
vdpau-supported output plugins for vdr are all based on xinelib.  And
by all I mean vdr-xine and xineliboutput.