Architecture difference between recording and viewing?

Hello,

I still have problems with my Tevii S470 with DVB-S2-channels.
The problem (as already posted long ago at
http://www.vdr-portal.de/board/thread.php?threadid=93713) is:
	The buffer runs full

buffer usage: 70% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 60% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 70% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 60% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 70% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 60% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 70% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 60% (tid=12493)
buffer usage: 100% (tid=12493)
ERROR: driver buffer overflow on device 2
ERROR: skipped 11 bytes to sync on TS packet on device 2

This repeats over and over again in a timeloop of about 2mins.

Remarkable for me is the fact, I can record any HD-channel without any
problems and I even can watch this recording at once. In my oppinion
this cannot be a problem with the S470, because I wouldn't be able to
record anything.

I'm running vdr vdr-1.7.16 with latest xineliboutput (git) and latest
xine-sources (hg). The system load is low (<5%) and the menue is smooth
and this only happens with DVB-S2-channels.

This brings me to the question where is the difference between watching
a channel and recording it?

Greetings

	Torsten
--
Gerade weil wir alle in einem Boot sitzen,
sollten wir heilfroh darüber sein,