Re: Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

2010/12/5 Klaus Schmidinger <Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx>:
> On 05.12.2010 23:01, Jochen Dolze wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> i would like to implement an parameter to disable the epg scan for
>> (some) channels. I think an parameter in the channels.conf-file would be
>> the best place. So, E0 means dont scan, E1 or absence of the E-parameter
>> means scan the channel.
>
> What would that be necessary for?

i guess its the same use case as noepg-patch and plugin.

>> I only start investing my time if it has an chance to be included into
>> the VDR.
>
> The channels.conf file shall contain only data that can be gathered from
> the transponder. I'm afraid the flag you're proposing isn't among that
> information.

The question is if you maintain and synchronize 2 lists for one
"column of data" or add optional parameter which can be maintained by
vdr , a plugin or whatever.

I would suggest one list to make it easier for everyone.