Re: Request: E parameter in channels.conf for epg scan

Am 05.12.2010 23:33, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:

> What would that be necessary for?

My previous platform had selectable EPG scans.
When I first got into touch with VDR, I asked myself, how I was supposed
to restrict searchtimers to interesting channels.

In its default behaviour VDR will add transponders and channels to the
channels.conf, as a result these will be searched and probably result in
a match and a timer entry, even for uninteresting or undecodable channels.

There are some workarounds for that, which to my taste are not too user
friendly:

a) restrict channels.conf to the interesting ones and have VDR not ass
transponders and channels [thats what I do].

b) specify a channel range for each of your new search timers (you have
to template that to not forget about it).

c) there seems to be a NOEPG patch around to accomplish that.

d) there is a plugin NOEPGMENU around.

I consider the selection of Scan on/off a useful feature.

Best regards