Re: UK users - multiple BBC One/Two/News in channels list

Al 03/11/10 21:31, En/na Alasdair Campbell ha escrit:
Hi,

Been a while since I've used VDR. Have it setup after scanning using
the scan program, however something is strange.

There are multiple versions of some channels, such as BBC
One/Two/News, Channel 4 etc. Some of these either have video and no
EPG, have video and EPG, or have EPG and no video... Obviously what
I'm looking for is the video&  the EPG - this works for BBC One, but
when I tune to the BBC Two which has the EPG visible, I receive no
signal found message.

Terrestrial or satellite?
I'm not really sure, but the issue should be the same in both cases: the service id should be sufficient to identify a channel, regardless of the transponder, but since some broadcasters reuse the same id in more than one transponder, vdr uses both the transponder and the service id to differentiate channels. The result is that when a channel changes transponder (like the uk channels recently did), vdr would probably find a new channel instead of replacing the tuning data of the existing one.

If any UK users have a cluestick on how to fix this, please let me know.

Well, I think there should be a better way, but the only current option is to let vdr update all channels and manually delete the old, non working ones.

Bye
--
Luca