Re: vdr cpu usage

Am Mittwoch, den 20.10.2010, 11:44 +0200 schrieb Theunis Potgieter:
> Hi mailing list, perhaps this question was asked on other forums
> before (maybe even in a different language). Google failed to bring up
> search results for vdr idle cpu usage. I have vdr 1.7.14 running with
> the only plugins dummydevice and streamdev-server, no client is
> currently connected and on my Pentium 3 machine 1GHz, it uses between
> 10% ~ 15% cpu "idling". This is also after a restart of vdr  and
> tuning to a channel that has got no video and audio. So now my
> question is, why would vdr use even more than 1% cpu usage, compared
> to other services like mediatomb that if not in use is about 0.1%. Is
> this a requirement that vdr uses this much all the time?

It is definitly not VDR itself, but rather one of the plugins. My VDR
(1.7.15) with several Plugins (skinenigmang,femon,streamdev-server,xine)
consumes less than 1% CPU when idle (but tuned to a valid station), and
less than 5% when a xine client is connected (HD Channel!)

CPU is a Core 2 6600 (2.4 Ghz)

--
Falk Spitzberg
Tel: +49 5242 901626