Re: Replay Problems with Extension HD

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 11:43 PM, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 13.10.2010 20:55, Rolf Ahrenberg wrote:
>> On Wed, 13 Oct 2010, Vesa wrote:
>>
>>> Similar delay as on ttxsubtitles would be nice addition to VDR.
>>> Separate and
>>> additional delay for live and record play modes. Suitable range would
>>> be 0 -
>>> 10s.
>>
>> Well, IMO that delay code in the ttxtsubs plugin should be removed when
>> PTS code has been merged into the repo.
>>
>>> This would fix also other issue than "non working output". Sometimes
>>
>> How about adding a STC offset setting in these "non working output"
>> plugins with a little help of latest PCR value and the system clock?
>>
>>> My opinion is that there is several reason to add DVB subtitle delay
>>> setting
>>> to VDR menu. To fix non working output devices and to fix temporally miss
>>> aligned subtitles. This feature is similar as Lipsync set on all
>>> modern AV
>>> devices. Audio should be in sync with video, but sometimes it is not.
>>> It is
>>> good to have lipsync on menu for fixing this temporal but totally
>>> annoying
>>> issue.
>>
>> I'm against these kind of dirty hacks in the official VDR code tree, but
>> the current dvbsubtitles code in VDR could be refactored to be
>> replaceable with a plugin. Afterwards the reel plugin could reimplement
>> it with any hacks needed.
>
> If there's something actually wrong with VDR's DVB subtitle code, it
> should be fixed in VDR. I don't see why we would need a plugin interface
> here.
>
> An output device needs to provide a proper STC in order to sync subtitles.
> I guess I need to change the description of cDevice::GetSTC() to make
> this a requirement...
>
> Klaus

Hi,
Well i am not sure if they are fixed or not with .15 and .16 but last
time i tested dvbsubtitle on FULL HD tv i got something like like this
in [1] and no i don't have eHD hardware but using xine as output
device . Yes dvb subtitle are actually showed but on wrong position
and small.
My biggest problem with dvb subtitle is that they actually not work
for TotalTV package on 16.0E all what i sow in logo was this:

Mar 14 23:17:31 vdrbox vdr: [2369] subtitleConverter thread started
(pid=2347, tid=2369)
But the subtitle arent showed like on zdf [1] .

This may be a problem of provider and not of vdr but I would like to
debug it deeper to get this stuff working.. There was a discussion on
vdrportal regarding that [2].

But maybe I wrote this in wrong thread here and should actualy open a new one?

[1]
http://www.abload.de/img/dvbsubtitle01y8tk.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/dvbsubtitle0257mc.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/dvbsubtitle038jph.jpg